All activities are on Town of Greenwich properties, so whatever we do improves your Town. We consult with our friends in the Parks Department, but we create beauty where no Town budget will ever reach. Our volunteers are from ages two to ninety-two!
Education on ways to improve our local environment, stressing recycling, is included at the start of every event.
How you can help:
- ATTACK INVASIVE VINES AND PLANTS by teaching with illustrations, living examples and GG&C tools and gloves.
- CLEAN PARKS, BEACHES AND OTHER TOWN PROPERTIES with our gloves and buckets. We teach what is biodegradable and how long items take to decompose.
- HELP CREATE WINTER HANGING BASKETS. Sam Bridge Nurseries kindly donates space in their greenhouses and supplies as needed.
- ADOPT A TRAFFIC ISLAND near your home and convince neighbors to join with the planting, tending and watering. Partnering with the Parks Department, we offer design help and some supplies.
- HELP GG&C WITH TOWN-WIDE CLEANUPS in both spring and fall by sitting in front of a firehouse giving out gloves, buckets, refreshments and signing certificates for community service to children.
- TALLY THE COLLECTED TRASH at the fall cleanup. We send our data to Save The Sound which gives results from many communities to the US government to research what pollutes our waters.
- ASSIST WITH ADMINISTRATION work in our office or with events in the field.
- JOIN ONE OF OUR PARTNERSHIP EVENTS with other non-profit groups or with the Town such as the Paper Shredding Day with Greenwich Recycling Advisory Board or with the annual Byram Beach Clean and Plant Day with the Greenwich Junior League.
Please call 203-531-0006 or email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.