Each year, Greenwich Green & Clean holds a gala celebration to thank those who have added beauty to Greenwich in both residential and commercial neighborhoods and for groups or individuals who make positive environmental advances.
A committee decides which trophy is given to whom and many local restaurants donate delicious food. Prizes go to those plantings that are visible for all to enjoy whether in residents’ front yards, along roadsides or in front of commercial businesses. These plantings make walking or driving through Greenwich a cheerful experience.
Tom Heagney (right) presents Carrie Greenwald (left) with the GG&C Beautification of Public Space Award for the Greenwich Housing Authority complex on Field Point Road at the Greenwich Close facility. The gardens are open to the public.
Photo: Bob Capazzo
Other annual sponsored awards are:
- Albert E. Betteridge Beautification Award for Sterling Service
- The Ashforth Company Award for Outstanding Landscaping
- Bank of America Annual Award
- Conte & Conte Golden Trowel Award
- Diane’s Book Award GG&C Exemplary Storefront Design
- Greentown Small Business Award
- Greenwich Green & Clean Beautification of Public Space
- Greenwich Time Community Partnership Award
- Mary Hull Director’s Award
- Mary Raymond Memorial Award
- The Sentinel Award for Environmental Improvement
2019 Green Gala
Photos: Bob Capazzo